Saturday, April 12, 2008

Spring has sprung - NOT!

OK, the weather here is ridiculous! Here it is almost the middle of April, and we had rainy snow last night! The high temperature today is supposed to be 42. I doubt we make that because it is supposed to be rainy too. It is 38 with a wind chill of 28 right now...

Even though the weather doesn't feel like it, it is beginning to LOOK like spring around here. The grass is getting greener and my very favorite tree in our yard has bloomed. It is a star magnolia. It blooms early, before any of the trees get leaves. Seeing its beautiful flowers makes me feel happy. We think it looks like a daisy tree!


Our "Daisy" tree against a stormy sky.


An up close blossom.


Have a happy Saturday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know--this eSunday snow stuff is driving me crazy---guess what SMART thing I did? I gave Ainsley's coat away on Saturday. I am the wisest mom around!