Thursday, September 4, 2008

Life is good

I am feeling very grateful this week. I don't know what started it, but a week ago today I started having a feeling of peace that hasn't left me yet. Big deal, you may think, everyone feels at one time or another. Well, we have been in a state of constant stress for a long time...I can't even remember when it all started. I guess maybe last year when I found out I was pregnant, or maybe when the kids started public school for the first time last year, or maybe when we lost Neil's mom unexpectedly and had to make a quick trip out to UT for the funeral (with me 8 months pregnant), or maybe when Elise was born 3 weeks earlier than planned (by emergency c-section) and not knowing for sure if she was going to live (if only for a brief few minutes.) I'm not sure - I could go on and on - let's face it, being a wife and mother of six is enough to stress me out on a daily basis. So, for whatever the reason, I have been blessed with the calmest, sweetest spirit lately. I think that it is Heavenly Father reassuring me that everything IS going to be alright - no matter what I may go through struggle-wise I am going to be OK. This knowledge has brought me to the grateful state that I am in now. I am trying to hold on to this feeling for as long as I can.

So, for now I am enjoying life and everything that it has to offer. I am trying to look for the good in EVERY situation - I'm sure I'll be able to find it. Here is a list of some of the things that I have to be grateful for - lucky you!!

My Faith, my husband, my six children, sweet family relationships with extended family, the comforts of life, beautiful indian summer weather, my job at church (primary music leader), wonderful supportive friends all over the USA, the beautiful world that we live it, great music, and the list goes on and on and on.



1 comment:

Lori said...

I realize you posted this a while ago, but I am just now seeing it. That is really neat. I LOVE how you can click on the word Faith and go to your church info. Great technology! I have no idea how to do that.