Elise
Elise is growing too fast! She weighs 13 pounds 3 ounces and is 25 1/4 inches long. She is such a happy baby. She has a smile for everyone, and she loves to sing and talk to us. Her laugh is the cutest thing. I am trying to enjoy every minute with her. I want her to stay a baby a little longer...can that happen???
Anna has enjoyed having everyone home during the summer. She has also enjoyed playing with her friends at the water park. She loves to play with Carson, Ella and Austin. When Aunt Melanie came Anna got her first hair cut. She was ecstatic, and I was hesitant. I didn't want to lose her cute ringlets. Luckily, even with her hair shorter, she still has her curls. She loves playing babies, barbies, coloring (she is amazingly talented at staying in the lines), and teasing Isaac (more like pushing his buttons - something else in which she shows great talent).
NeilIsaac
Isaac finished up first grade with flying colors. He is excited for second grade. He played soccer AND baseball this spring (what was I thinking?) and improved a lot at both sports. He has enjoyed going to the water park as well as swimming in our little pools at home. He has spent many days out in the yard playing in the water. Isaac has grown lots taller. He loves to ride bikes and scooters, play video and computer games, reading good books, and swimming. He loves to help with Elise, and his cousin Devon LOVED him!
Bekah
Bekah is glad to have 4th grade finished. She loved her teacher and she liked school, but she loves being home more. She did great her first year of school, and she reluctantly is going to 5th grade this year. Bekah continues to excel at the violin. She is getting really good. I love to listen to her play. She is thinking of trying out for the youth symphony in our town. Her teacher is sure that she will make it into the symphony. She is also planning on playing the flute in beginning band at school. She loves to help with Elise, and she is anxiously looking forward to the day when she can babysit. She is practicing this summer by being a mother's helper. Bekah played softball this year and did a great job. She got lots of outs - especially on first base. She is also becoming quite a good cook, and often makes lunches for Anna and herself.
Jacob
Jacob
Jacob turned 12 this summer! He went to scout camp for a week and loved it. He earned lots of merit badges. He played baseball this summer, he improves more and more each season. He is getting to be a good pitcher. Actually, he is good at most of the positions. It is fun to watch kids at his level play baseball. The games are often exciting. He has been spending time with friends, going to the water park, and doing jobs around here. He got a nitro powered remote control car for his birthday, something he has wanted for a long time. I like to see him drive it...it is SO very fast. Jacob will be going to Junior High this fall. He is excited for that.
One quick side note...while doing these updates, I have realized that I don't have nearly enough pictures of Jake and Bekah. They disappear when the camera comes out (or they are always behind the camera)!
Sarah
I have been spending the past few months trying to find my place in the world again. I am finally getting there (somewhat!) The adjustment to 6 kids has been a hard one for us. I'm not sure why, Elise is a super easy baby, I think it could be having teenagers and babies at the same time. I am learning though. I have really been trying to enjoy all of the crazy moments instead of trying to manage them. After all, there is no holding back the tides! Life is just going to be chaotic for a while - I have decided to just hold on for the ride.
I set a goal earlier in the year to make a quilt, and I have finally picked one that I want to make. I ordered the material for it yesterday. I am so excited! Instead of a picture of me you will get a picture of my quilt.
One quick side note...while doing these updates, I have realized that I don't have nearly enough pictures of Jake and Bekah. They disappear when the camera comes out (or they are always behind the camera)!
Sarah
Sarah is doing great. She is excited (I think) to start high school next month. This summer she has been able to work 1 day a week out at the stables where she takes riding lessons. This pays for the riding lessons! I am excited because we don't have to fork out the $ for lessons anymore, and Sarah is excited because she is getting the experience she wants working at a stable. (I am also excited that Sarah gets to spend more time doing what she loves.) She really does love horses - I love to see her riding. Her teacher says that she is very graceful when she rides. She is also going to start piano lessons again soon. Sarah got a long bow earlier this year, and she has spent time getting in touch with her "elfish" side (think Lord of the Rings). She actually is getting quite good at target shooting.
Trisha
Trisha
I set a goal earlier in the year to make a quilt, and I have finally picked one that I want to make. I ordered the material for it yesterday. I am so excited! Instead of a picture of me you will get a picture of my quilt.
Neil has been keeping busy teaching this summer. He teaches 2 nights a week. He has been working hard. He spent a week (minus the 2 nights teaching) at scout camp with Jake. I don't think he has been that tired in a long, long time. He is doing well, although we are both tired a lot (as you can see from the picture above!) Seriously, Neil works so hard for our family. I am lucky to have a husband like him.



















1 comment:
How fun to read about your kids... I know I see you all the time, but I learned some new things - like I didn't know that sarah had a bow. Anyway, happy summer, to what's left of it!
Post a Comment