Saturday, March 22, 2008

Update

I have neglected my blog long enough!! I guess I am not great at keeping touch on here either! Hopefully, I'll make it more of a habit and get better at updating.

Today is Elise's due date and she is 3 weeks old. I think that she is already getting bigger, and I want to slow her growth down a little! These past 3 weeks have been 3 of the hardest we've had in a long time. The week Elise was born was Neil's busiest wee
k of the semester. While we were in the hospital, two of the kids at home got a tummy bug. That meant that I didn't have much time with Neil at the hospital. This was a big change for us. In the past, when we had a baby my mom was at home with the kids, and Neil was at the hospital with me the whole time. I really missed him while I was up there, and I REALLY miss being near family. Luckily, we are blessed with wonderful friends in this area. Ladies from our ward and friends from the other ward brought us dinners for a whole week! They also took Anna for the week I was home before my mom came. This was a huge help for me and for Anna.

I can't believe that we are the p
arents of six children!!! Every time I think about it, I am in awe. Life is good for us and I feel so blessed to have the family that I have. I am thankful for the Lord's hand in our lives and how he has blessed us through the service of others.

My mom left today - very hard for me - I wanted her to be here longer. I hate living so far away. Thank goodness she was able to be here. We enjoyed
having her and Granddaddy here. They were a huge help. Neil was able to do a lot of catching up at work with out as much guilt for being away from home. Thanks Grandma and Granddaddy!


1 comment:

P3 said...

I can't believe you have six kids either. I'm in awe. Two (and five half the time) pretty much wear me out! You are amazing.