Saturday, March 22, 2008

Grandma Susan


January 25 of this year we lost our dear Mother/Grandma Susan. She passed away suddenly at home from complications with her diabetes. We miss her so much. We drove out to Utah. Even though it was a long hard trip, it was good to be together as a family to deal with this loss. There was a sweet spirit present the entire week. It was amazing. The viewing was the happiest viewing that I have ever attended. It was so neat to meet so many of the people that Susan influenced over the years. The funeral was hard, but very nice. I felt that it was a very intimate, family oriented funeral. All of the grandkids sang, "I Am a Child of God", Leslie and Neil spoke, Alan read the obituary, and Aunt Carma read a poem. It was a beautiful service.

I am so grateful for the knowledge that we have of the gospel. I am grateful to know where Grandma Susan is. It makes it easier to deal with the loss to know that we will be together again. What a woman - to help raise seven such strong, wonderful children. I hope that I can do as good a job as she did. I miss her greatly!

No comments: