Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I AM SO TIRED!!!!

OK...I am officially exhausted! It is so easy to forget how much work a newborn is. Add to the mix 5 children whose needs haven' t lessened with the birth of a new baby (as a matter of fact, I believe that their needs have increased), and you get one exhausted mama (daddy too)!

I had to take Sarah to the dentist this morning with the 2 little girls in tow. We ran errands afterwards - and a blowout diaper, an outfit change and a feeding later we were on our way home with Elise screaming all the way. She had enough and so had I! I definitely had forgotten how slow and hard everything is with a newborn. I guess it is good that we forget, because if we didn't there probably wouldn't be as many newborns around! Thank goodness they are so sweet! On days like today, I keep telling myself that everything is going to be ok, and that it is just fine that all I do today is nurse Elise and play with Anna...My laundry and house will be caught up again one day! However, my babies will be gone before I know it!

I'll end with a little laugh...here is a link to a comic that sums up my life right now. Any of you nursing moms will definitely relate...I would imagine that even if you don't/didn't nurse you could relate too!

For Better or for Worse

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Trisha, Congrats on your new baby! She is beautiful. Nobody even told me you were pregnant. But I have been bad at being in touch. I saw your blog spot on marci's page and figure sooner or later I will figure out how to make a page myself. then maybe I will be better at keeping in touch. Your kids are all looking so grown up.

P3 said...

Still laughing at that comic. I love FBORFW... It's so real. Yes, you will be all caught up someday, I know that feeling.

waiting2fly said...

wow...that must have been rough....wow.....cute baby though...cute other girls too...fun stuff....hehe