Wednesday, October 31, 2007

An Update of Our Life

It has been harder than I thought to get this blog online. I keep thinking that it looks silly, or that I'm not getting it right. I have finally decided just to go for it. This will be a work in progress, and I'll add to it as I go along.

We have been through a huge life change in our family. After 9 years of homeschooling, all of our school age children have decided to try school! They have been in school for 1 quarter now (9 weeks), and have adjusted remarkably well (much better than mom!). Sarah is in 8th grade, Jacob in 6th, Bekah in 4th and Isaac is in 1st grade. We live in a really good, safe, small school district, and this made it lots easier to feel good about them being in school. After the 1st quarter, the 3 older kids say that they want to homeschool again next year. Isaac loves school. We will have to see what next year brings...which leads me to our next big life change....

We are having a baby in March (our final baby I might add)! This pregnancy sure took me by surprise, and I was really sick July-the beginning of October. Now that the morning sickness has gone and I have more energy, I am starting to get used to the idea of six kids and to be excited about the prospect of one more little one. I definitely know that we are supposed to be having this baby. I look forward to finding out what we are having. We have our ultrasound Nov. 7th. Look for an announcement around that date!

Neil is doing well and enjoying his professor's job. We really love the flexibility that he has as far as hours go. He is working hard to be able to earn tenure in the next couple of years.

I am enjoying having time home during the day with Anna. We go to story time at the library each week, music class, and playgroup at the park. I am thinking of starting a Joy School group in Jan. for some of the 3 yr. olds in her nursery class.

I wanted to post some pictures with this update, but as I said before, this is a work in progress. I just need to be glad that I am getting anything posted at all!

We love you all, and we hope to hear from you too! My email is trishaheadman@gmail.com .


3 comments:

PIP123 said...

Hey Headman's! You all look so cute in your costumes!! Thanks for sharing your pictures with us! We love you all, My kids are all at school, but I will show them the pictures when they get home.. Love, Shel

Rhoda said...

I can't believe how big everyone has gotten. I am so sad that I can't be there with you guys. It was great to see you all and hear an update! Keep it up Trisha--it looks awesome!

PIP123 said...

Hey trish.. u need 2 update this blog.. get on it:)